You're Our Type!
YOU Can Make a Difference!
Did you know that many of your blood and platelet donations help patients in our community with breast cancer & other cancers? You can help those patients by making a life-giving donation in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and also help boost the community’s critically low blood supply.
Wear Pink when you donate on Fridays in October in honor of a loved one who has battled breast cancer. Post a pink T-shirt photo on your Instagram page and tag us @communitybloodservices!
Paramus Donor Center
1 West Ridgewood Ave.
Mon. & Fri.: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tues., Wed., Thu.: 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sat. & Sun.: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Montvale Donor Center
Mon. & Wed.: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m
Tues., Thu., Fri.: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lincoln Park Donor Center
Mon., Tues., Wed.: 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Sat.: 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Breast Cancer Facts:
- Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women.
- 1 in 8 women born today in the U.S. will get breast cancer at some point.
- New Jersey’s breast cancer incidence rate is the 11th highest in the U.S.
- New Jersey has the highest breast cancer mortality rate in the U.S. among white females.
- In 2014, 232,670 women and 2,360 men are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- In 2014, 40,000 women and 430 men are expected to die of breast cancer.
- Red cells help fight infection and platelets stop bleeding during cancer treatments.
LET’S CONTINUE TO FIGHT TOGETHER FOR A CURE FOR BREAST CANCER!
© 2014 Community Blood Services, 102 Chestnut Ridge Road, Montvale, NJ 07645